Testo 890 X5 Thermal Camera Kit
- testo 890 professional thermal imager: resolution 640 × 480 pixels, upgradable to 1280 × 960 pixels with SuperResolution technology, thermal sensitivity < 40 mK
- Two lenses included in the kit: super-telephoto lens and an additional lens (standard, 25° or telephoto lens) which you are free to choose
- Sequence capturing in the instrument a possible option, humidity calculation, SiteRecognition, panorama image assistant, JPEG storage function and other practical features
- The kit contains essential accessories, which you will always have to hand: robust case and lens case, spare rechargeable battery, fast battery charger, SD card, lens protective glass, etc.
This thermography kit provides the ideal equipment for capturing images from long distances and other applications. Because it includes the testo 890 professional thermal imager with super-telephoto lens (for very long distances) and an additional lens of your choice.
In addition to the super-telephoto lens, in this kit you are free to choose one additional lens from a total of 3 that are available:
6.6° x 5° super-telephoto lens (included in the kit):
- Small field of view (5° x 3.7°) for maximum resolution of particularly distant objects
- Easy to handle: no additional lens holder needed
42° x 32° standard lens (optionally included in the kit as second lens):
- Ideal for inspecting closer measurement objects
- Large field of view
25° x 19° lens (optionally included in the kit as second lens):
- Ideal for use in applications involving preventive maintenance
15° x 11° telephoto lens (optionally included in the kit as second lens):
- Makes it possible to take outstanding images of measurement objects at medium and longer distances
You can carry out completely damage-free tests on materials and components with the thermal imager set testo 890-5 Set. Thanks to the 640 x 480-pixel detector, in combination with the high-quality Germanium optics, the set testo 890-5 Set achieves the highest level of image quality. This allows weak spots and problems to be reliably detected in industrial and building thermography.
In combination with the Testo SuperResolution technology, the set testo 890-5 Set records extremely high-resolution images in megapixel quality (1280×960 pixels). This means that even the smallest or very distant measurement objects can be thermographed with an extremely high level of precision.
• Detector size 640 x 480 pixels:
With 307,200 temperature measurement points, the measurement objects are detected in outstanding image quality, extremely clearly and precisely.
• SuperResolution technology to 1280 x 960 pixels
SuperResolution technology improves the image quality by one class, i.e. the resolution of the thermal images is four times higher.
• Flexibility thanks to rotatable handle and fold-out, rotatable display
• Thermal sensitivity < 40 mK
Thanks to an excellent temperature resolution of < 40 mK, even the smallest temperature differences are visible.
• Large field of view thanks to 42° lens
With the standard wide-angle lens, large image sections are immediately recognized, and the temperature distribution of the measurement object recorded at a glance.
• Panorama image assistant
For large measurement objects, the panorama image assistant allows the analysis and documentation of a total image stitched together from many individual images. There is no need to administer, view and compare several images.
• Site Recognition Technology
For repetitive thermography of similar measurement objects, the SiteRecognition technology offers the direct recognition, allocation and archiving of the measurement sites, as well as the automatic allocation and archiving of the thermal images.
• High temperature up to 1200°C
With the high temperature option, the measuring range can be flexibly extended up to 1200 °C.
• Fully radiometric video measurement incl. logger function (via USB)
With the optional fully radiometric video measurement thermal processes can be thermally analyzed in real time (also periodically and event based). For every instant, all temperature measurement points are exactly available per pixel.
• Exchangeable lenses
• Special measurement mode for detecting areas with danger of mould
• Lens protection glass
• Auto focus
• Built-in digital camera with power LEDs
• Minimum focus distance 10 cm
• Voice recording using headset
The thermal imager set testo 890-5 is delivered in a robust case incl.
• Pro software
• SD card
• USB cable
• Carrying strap
• Lens cleaning cloth
• Mains unit
• Li-ion rechargeable battery
• Exchangeable lenses
• Lens protection glass
• Additional battery
• Fast battery charger
Part no. 0563 0890 X5
Testo 890 Set with Super Telephoto lens 6.6 degrees +
And one other lens
Choose from 42 degree standard lens, 25 degree lens, 15 degree telephoto lens
Energy supply (production and distribution)
- Thermographic testing of energy distribution plants: With thermal imagers, you can test thermal warming from a safe distance without contact, e.g. on high-voltage lines and in transformer stations
- Non-contact testing of photovoltaic plants: Using solar thermography, module defects and installation faults can be reliably detected
- Test switching cabinets, electrical conditions, photovoltaic plants
- Evaluate heat status in low, medium and high voltage plants
- Identify wear on machines
- Test motors, bearings, shafts
Detecting structural defects and ensuring construction quality
- Detect potential building defects, prove quality and the implementation of construction measures without contact – with the help of thermal images
- Test air-tightness of windows and doors
- Locate insulation errors and cold bridges in a building shell
- Detect and visualize mould-risk areas
Professional energy consultation
- Analyze building shells, evaluate energy efficiency, identify energy-saving potential with a thermal imager from Testo
- Easy recording and documentation of energy loss from buildings
- Prove faulty insulation and cold bridges without contact, and visualize them in an infrared image
- Localize untight spots in new buildings quickly and easily in combination with Blower Door
Present and analyse building shells in an image
- Detailed thermography of large buildings
- Visualise thermal irregularities in a building shell – in a thermal image: The panorama assistant stitches severla recordings together to one overall image
Preventing mould formation
- Localise mould-risk areas quickly and easily: These areas are presented in red in the imager display when the imager is in humidity mode
Easy checking of heating systems and installations
- test heating and air conditioning/ventilation systems: Use a thermal imager to identify irregularities in the temperature distribution quickly and easily
- Localisation of the course of heating loops in underfloor heating systems
- Testo radiators for silting
- Measure flow and return temperatures
Localize pipe ruptures
- Reliably determine pipe ruptures with the help of a thermal imager – without unnecessarily opening walls and floors
- Precise localisation of leakages in underfloor heating and other inaccessible pipe systems
Locating leaks in flat roofs
- Detection of damp in roofs: Based on temperature differences (such as occur mainly in flat roofs), thermal imagers show areas on the roof with sealed-in moisture or damaged insulation
More reliability in quality assurance and production monitoring
- A Testo thermal imager supports in process control and product quality assurance
- Identify foreign bodies in production processes and anomalies in the heat distribution of components quickly and without contact
- Fast and easy monitoring of filling level in closed liquid tanks
Safe high-temperature measurement
- Measure high temperatures safely from a distance: Some of the thermal imager models from Testo even measure up to 1200 °C with the high-temperature option
- Ideal for use in industrial maintenance
- Identify wear, insulation damage and coking in furnaces and smelters
- Thermography of large furnaces and machines on one thermal image – e.g. rotary kilns in cement production
Research and development
- Identify thermal anomalies and monitor cooling and heating processes in real time
- Precisely visualise critical temperatures on circuit boards: Thanks to the finest geometric resolution of the high-quality Testo thermal imagers
- Analyse heat occurrence and conduction in circuit boards, and optimize development processes: The process analysis package offers practical features such as video recording and image sequence storage for easy analysis of thermal processes